Training and Mobility Programme
José A. Barrabés, MD, PhD
Unidad Coronaria, Servicio de Cardiología
Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron
Pg. Vall d'Hebron 119
08035 Barcelona, Spain
- To train young people to become the cardiovascular researchers of the future in order to improve society’s cardiovascular health.
- To train tomorrow’s leaders. To identify and support young people able to become CIBERCV Principle Investigators.
- To train young cardiologists in basic research and young basic researchers in the relevance of clinical problems.
- To identify clinically relevant issues to be tackled by basic research (DRIVING FORCE of discoveries)
- Annual call for “Jordi Soler-Soler” contracts for young researchers
- Support for obtaining contracts for young researchers by means of co-financing schemes.
- Intra-CIBERCV mobility plan to foster short stays by researchers between CIBERCV institutions (1-2 weeks)
- Extra-CIBERCV mobility plan to support stays of CIBERCV researchers at the world’s main clinical and research centres for 3-4 months.
- Organisation and support for training researchers by means of workshops and specific courses.